Does this sound like you?
- You are feeling insecure, anxious and alone.
- You are stuck in a pattern of being in relationships that bring you down.
- You are uncertain about your career or educational path.
- You feel like you do not deserve to be happy.
- You are ready for change, but are unsure of how to go about it.
- Past hurts and trauma continue to influence your present situation
My goal is to help you understand your emotions, behavior and challenges and circumstances.
I have specific training in:
- Dialetical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): This type of therapy helps focus on acceptance of experiences while balancing the work needed to change negative behaviors. Mindfulness and CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) are integrated to assist in building emotional regulation and distress tolerance.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): EMDR assists the client in transforming disturbing life experiences using an 8-phase protocol that work that reframes cognition and memory about traumatic events. The result is elimination of the symptoms and emotional distress.
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS): IFS helps you look at your own personality and assist in synthesizing the part of personality that causes distress.
I view each person as unique and strive to assist individuals to overcome challenges and meet the goals that are important in their lives. As we work to let go of behaviors, thoughts and feelings that are not useful in the present, new healthier patterns can emerge and be adopted. Treatment is always focused on achieving a greater sense of comfort and satisfaction, psychologically, emotionally physically and spiritually.